Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Inov8 Mudclaw 300's - review at 800 miles

Its now a full 836 miles for my Mudclaw 300's since their very first outing on 10th January. And there's no easy way to say this but they are now well and truly knackered, shredded, dilapidated, broken, moth-eaten, tattered and hammered... into the ground. 

Actually I'm being more than unfair to the uppers which are still in excellent condition but, as for the studs, well see for yourself......

Still looking good..... from above


Not quite so good from below

Despite the damage some of the studs still stick out nicely while others no longer exist

The not so grippy left heel ☺

I think I fell over half a dozen times at the weekend due to that left heel!

Suffice to say I think their time in my fell running world has come to an end. Gone but not forgotten and, as Horace Slughorn said over the dead spidery corpse of Aragog in the Half Blood Prince:

"Though your body will decay, your spirit lingers on in the quiet, web-spun places of your forest home."

Or in my case in the quiet, web spun places of my dusty fell shoe graveyard in darkest, dankest corner of my garage ☺. Easily the best fell shoes I've ever had and probably still useable at a push... so long as I don't mind falling over of course. 

Time for these bad boys to pick up the baton.....


No comments:

Post a Comment